From Surviving to Thriving
Saturday 10th September 2022, 10am-4pm at Leicester Tigers Ground
First Step are delighted to announce that as part of our 25th Anniversary Year, we will be holding an event for survivors and their supporters, to celebrate our organisational achievements and to look forward to the future but more importantly to recognise and celebrate the courage and resilience of our clients as they move forward in their journeys.
The day will be part celebration, part reflection as well as an opportunity for you to share your ideas about what you may need from us in the future
We will have several inspirational speakers, many of whom are survivors themselves, as well as small group workshops for survivors and supporters to tell us what you may need from First Step. This might be, for example, related to setting up support groups, or enabling clients to do positive activities that may support their healing.
A buffet lunch and refreshments will be provided throughout the day and there will be plenty of cake to celebrate!!
Download and share: Event Poster
To book yourself and a supporter (if applicable) onto the event please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone/text: 07581 568144
or speak to one of the team in the office – Caroline, Lisa, Michelle, Stuart or your counsellor.
This event will be a safe, secure, supportive and trauma-informed environment to help make this an enjoyable and inspirational day for everyone.
We will ensure that:
- You can bring a supporter with you (this could be a partner, family member or friend) Please also let us know their names at the time of booking.
- The number will be restricted to approximately. 80 people to allow it to be intimate and safe.
- Only first names will be used and there is no pressure or expectation for you to tell your story.
- We will have lots of staff at the event to support you if you need it.
- There will be no media presence at the event.
- The event will be held at Leicester Tigers Ground, Tryline Suite. This is accessible from the Tigers Car-park and Gate 26 if you are walking. All signage will just state ‘FIRST STEP EVENT’. There will be no other events on this day in this part of the building
- All travel expenses and car parking can be reimbursed.
- If you are coming alone, we can arrange for staff to meet you at the First Step Office and walk down together at around 9:30am on the day.