- Does your organisation work with men?
- Do you have sufficient awareness to support men who disclose experiences of sexual abuse or rape?
We offer bespoke awareness training to organisations that work with men and/or boys, including supported housing and probation. We also offer sessions at university, reaching student Social Workers, Nurses and Health Visitors.
Our awareness sessions include:
- Myths and stigma attached to the subject of the abuse of males
- The impact of abuse and sexual violence
- Responding to a disclosure
- First Step’s services and how we support males
Our sessions provide the ‘real picture’ of our experience, not a textbook definition. We hope attendees take away the confidence to handle a disclosure and signpost to appropriate support (including First Step).
We also have the opportunity of hearing from a male survivor who has completed his journey to recovery. This means you can hear first-hand about both the barriers to support and the difference overcoming them can make to an individual.
Book your bespoke training session
If you would like to arrange a session for you and your colleagues please contact us directly or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to availability, we will be able to build a session that meets your needs.